Monday, April 26, 2010

Old Blog 19 from 4/22/08-12/31/09

May 18, 2008

POP Staff Member - Sunday, May 18, 2008
I was able to worship and make the announcements at the morning services today. I updated our Prince of Peace family on my status. Phase 1 was the successful surgery. Phase 2, chemo, will begin Tuesday-Thursday of this week. Phase 3, a stem cell transplant, will follow the 6 cycles of chemo. Thanks again for all the cards, prayers and expressions of kindness for our family and me during this season of our lives.

May 11, 2008

POP Staff Member - Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
I had the privilege of worshiping with the Prince of Peace family this morning. It was good to be back. Lots of hugs and hello's. A huge thanks to all who continue to pray and have sent greetings by card or email. You don't realize how much it means to me as I recuperate at home.
I am a little slow in moving around but getting stronger each day. I hope to be able to be with our staff and executive team this week if only for a little while. God is good!

May 8, 2008

POP Staff Member - Thursday, May 08, 2008
About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Since then I have had my spleen removed at Mayo and will begin chemo on May 20th. It will be a 6 cycle, 21-day interval chemo. I am meeting with the transplant team at Mayo on the 20th to begin the process for a stem cell transplant following chemo. I am told this is a very treatable lymphoma even though it is a high grade, stage 4. I am looking forward to complete remission and returning to ministry as soon as I am able in the process of chemo and transplant. I feel good but am sore and tired following the removal of my spleen (it was huge...about 6# and full of lymphoma). I am having all treatment completed at Mayo so will be in and out of town as needed. I had a great surgeon and am very impressed with my oncologist. I ask for your prayers for my family and me as we journey together toward healing.

May 4, 2008

POP Staff Member - Sunday, May 04, 2008
Returned home from the hospital late this afternoon. Sore and tired but relieved that the surgery went well and we are now on the path to healing. Doctors are pleased with the results and feel that I will be ready for chemo in about 3 weeks. I will be laid up for awhile with healing from the surgery. Thank you for your cards and prayers. I have been at peace from the beginning and continue to sense your prayers and God's presence around my family and me.

April 29, 2008

POP Staff Member - Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I report for surgery this morning at 5:45am in Rochester. The surgery will take about one hour and then a 3-5 day recovery stay in the hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with all my family, friends and church family as we begin this process toward healing. God's blessings on each of us this day.

April 27, 2008

POP Staff Member - Sunday, April 27, 2008
On Thursday, after 3 days of tests at the Mayo Clinic it was determined that I have a Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I will be having surgery on Tuesday April 29th in Rochester. I would ask for your prayers as we begin the process of healing.

April 22, 2008

POP Staff Member - Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Friday I was diagnosed with a lymphoma and am in the process of determining what type and treatment. I am at the Mayo Clinic this week as necessary. I will keep you informed as I learn more. I ask for your prayers for my family and me as we do this new journey in our lives.
Pastor Tedd

No comments:

Post a Comment