Monday, April 26, 2010

old Blog 4 from 4/22/08-12/31/09

July 21, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Tuesday, July 21, 2009
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.          Ephesians 3:20-21 TNIV

Today I saw God at work within us, the "body of Christ" of Prince of Peace. I visited with those having their pictures taken for the 50th Anniversary pictorial directory. Full of smiles, laughter and joy they sat, waited and visited...young and old alike.

I love to hear the stories and share in the happenings of your lives. It reveals the "power that is at work with us".
Joy is the echo of God's life in us. "To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."



July 20, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Monday, July 20, 2009
Matthew 14:31 TNIV
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

After another excellent report from Mayo, I find this morning a day of "doubting". I know better but doubt creeps in with that little voice..."Really? Healed? Are you sure?"

I know better... but doubt comes. When it does I find myself clinging to Jesus. Reaching out into the darkness of doubt to grab his hand. I am safe. I am held. I rest in him. I am well!

Matthew 11:28 TNIV
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

If you are in the battle today as I find myself...Come...rest. Jesus invites us to come to him with the doubt or fear that plagues us this day.

July 15, 2009 Day 269

Tedd Ostrem - Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Psalm 84:10-12 NRSV
 
10  For a day in your courts is better
         than a thousand elsewhere.
     I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
         than live in the tents of wickedness.
 11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
         he bestows favor and honor.
     No good thing does the LORD withhold
         from those who walk uprightly.
 12  O LORD of hosts,
         happy is everyone who trusts in you.


Yesterday was spent at Mayo. I had CT, blood work and exam. I am in full remission and return in October to begin my immunizations just like an infant/child. Praise God! Joy fills our hearts and lives this day.

Thank you again to all who are praying and walking with us throughout this journey toward healing. You have blessed us by your presence and prayers.

July 12, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Sunday, July 12, 2009
"...may all who seek you
       rejoice and be glad in you;
       may those who long for your saving help always say,
       "The LORD is great!"   
Psalm 70:4 TNIV


We had the privilege to enjoy a few days off and visit my folks. Dad will be 98 in August. Mom is 91. Both are enjoying their days even though they are not able to live in the same residence. Dad's health has deteriorated gradually and is limited in his activity. We sat outside and watch the yellow finches eat out of the bird feeders. You do what you can do.

I head for Mayo for follow appointments on Tuesday. Will have blood work and CT with physical exam/consult. We anticipate the same results as in the past...full remission. Have been feeling stronger each month. My hope is that I will not have to return for a few months. Thanks again for the prayers, notes of concern and words of encouragement.

June 24, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Wednesday, June 24, 2009
We have been enjoying the company of some dear friends from California for the past week. They left today and missing them already. There was a special bond of friendship forged when our faith lives crossed many years ago. When we are reunited after a time of separation we seem to just pick up where we left off. The old Michael W. Smith song, Friends Forever is our theme song.

We laugh as we retell the "old stories" of times we have shared together. It is good to laugh. We cry when we remember our loses. We have "grand babies" who are some of the "special joys" of our lives. We have done "life together" for a "looooong time". We celebrated our "healings" as we know them and prayed together often.

I am feeling better with each month and now need to watch my "weight"...that's something new!

Pastor Luke is helping us to understand a new ministry strategy that the council unanimously supports. The concept uses the images of "a foyer, a living room and a kitchen". We have experiences and ministry environments that reflect these images. Our friendship with the couple from California has experienced each environment over the years. From getting acquainted (foyer), to learning more about each other (living room-connected) to sharing our lives at the deepest levels (kitchen-"cared for") we have grown and given of ourselves to this friendship around our faith journeys. My prayer is that those of you reading this may taking the opportunity to "do life together" in a deep and meaningful way as we offer "new ministry opportunities" this fall and the coming year around the foyer, living room and kitchen environments. Get acquainted, connected and cared for as we grow in our Journeys of Faith.

See you in church.
If not...don't forget to worship this summer wherever you are spending these summer days.


June 15, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Tuesday, June 16, 2009
What a "cool" day I had. When I entered the church this morning there was the droan of children's voices everywhere. We had 118 kids enrolled in Veggie Camp and they were everywhere in the building. Helpers and leaders were busy attending to business. The Courtyard was full of kids making "stepping stones" out of cement with decorations of colored stones. What a wonderful blessing. Imagine that it was only 4 years ago that we started Veggie Camp with 17 kids. Oh how it has "caught on fire". Good work Katie! Thanks Georgia! Praise God!

Had a worship meeting tonight. We are blessed to faithful and talented leaders for worship. We planned through New Years 2010. We are having a preaching series on the Book of Acts in September and October followed by three weeks of Stewardship emphasis just prior to Thanksgiving. It was a time of stretching our creative minds around worship at Prince of Peace.

My health continues to be good. I feel stronger in many ways. I am looking forward to my July visits to Mayo for CT scan, blood work, additional tests and exams to assess my overall status. I anticipate the same good news...no cancer. Thanks for your continued prayers as we are still in the process of full recovery and restoration. Leaning on the Word....1 Peter 5:7 TNIV
                             Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.




June 7, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Sunday, June 07, 2009
We have rain. Thank you Jesus. Send more!

We had a wonderful phone conversation with our friends, Jim and Ramona today. Their daughter Katie was with them. She said she was sitting in front of a miracle. Her father, Jim has had a miraculous recovery from a recent stroke. We had a beautiful visit and are praising God for Jim's renewed health and strength. Miracles do happen. My health status and strength continues to improve daily. That too is a miracle related to my stem cell transplant almost 8 months ago. Giving God praise and thanks for these days of good health.



May 31, 2009

Tedd Ostrem - Sunday, May 31, 2009
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Acts 2:1-4 TNIV

Today, three of our Senior High School graduates spoke at worship as others led us in worship. I was so impressed by the maturity of their journeys of faith. I sat and marveled at how God had shaped and molded their lives through their years at Prince of Peace. I am grateful for all who touched these lives over the years. I heard recurring themes of friends, family, teachers, mentors, youth leaders and even a pastor or two who helped shape the journeys. I heard Camp Wapogasset referred to as a common place where they had experienced the presence of God in their lives. The Holy Spirit was very active at Prince of Peace this morning as the words of experience poured out of our youth. Words of experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Words of change and power to be a child of God in this world. I am so proud of these young men and women who call Prince of Peace their church home. I am thankful and proud for all of who touched these lives. Bless you all.

I am continuing the journey toward healing but will update my health status as appropriate. I covet your prayers and will keep you informed. I have been experiencing continued strength and health in these days so give God thanks and praise.

May 27, 2009 Day +226

Tedd Ostrem - Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Wednesday...middle of the "short" week. How's your week been? I am preparing for a wedding this weekend, synod meeting and Sunday worship that celebrates our Senior High School Graduates and Pentecost. I plan to wear something RED for Pentecost Sunday. It is the color of the day liturgically.

Pentecost is a wonderful day and season as we celebrate the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the early church and all who are follower's of Jesus. What a gift! The church is because of the Holy Spirit that is constantly pointing us to Jesus, who he is and what he has done for us.

I am grateful this day (+226 wow!) for continued strengthening and healing that God has been pouring into me daily. I could use a little more muscle to build up in my legs and arms. My "handful of pills" each morning and night seem to be doing their jobs. I give thanks for medical insurance, friends and family who pray and a loving wife who has to put up with me. God has been there in the darkest of moments and in the bright places.

Give me eyes to see and ears to hear as you come to me daily O Lord. Amen

May 21, 2009 Ascension Day

Tedd Ostrem - Thursday, May 21, 2009
Today we celebrate and remember the Ascension of Jesus Christ to the right hand of the Father from which he sent the Holy Spirit that lives with and in us as believers/followers of Christ. I give thanks and ask for prayers for one of my dearest friends and spiritual director, Pastor Jim Hanson. Jim has had a huge influence in my life and faith. He shared with us the wonder and blessing of the Spirit of Jesus as only Jim could. He is struggling with health issues these days. Pray for Ramona and family as they walk this journey with Jim.
We pray for healing as only God knows.
We love you Jim, Ramona and Family!
Lois and Tedd

No comments:

Post a Comment